Sunday, June 21, 2009

Personality Type

For my online class this summer, I had to take the Myers-Briggs Personality Indicator, which I would have had to pay for if I hadn't found a free version of the test on Facebook (search for the application MBTI). Excellent! I found out that I am a ENFP - Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving. So I googled this to find a more detailed description of this personality type and was actually quite surprised (and excited) about how much it described myself. Here are a few parts of the personality profile that I found the most accurate/interesting:

ENFPs are pleasant, easygoing, and usually fun to work with (this made me feel good). They come up with great ideas, and are a major asset in brainstorming sessions. Followthrough tends to be a problem, however; they tend to get bored quickly, especially if a newer, more interesting project comes along. They also tend to be procrastinators, both about meeting hard deadlines (<--so true! I have trouble meeting deadlines) and about performing any small, uninteresting tasks that they've been assigned.

ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD. Sometimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped.

Most have a natural propensity for role-playing and acting.(I've been in many musicals in my life as well as performing in choirs & orchestras..so very true!)

Friends are what life is about to ENFPs. They hold up their end of the relationship, sometimes being victimized by less caring individuals. ENFPs are energized by being around people.(Also completely true, the people in my life are what make my life important)

ENFPs sometimes can be blindsided by their secondary Feeling function. Hasty decisions based on deeply felt values may boil over with unpredictable results. More than one ENFP has abruptly quit a job in such a moment. (EXTREMELY IRONIC to find this here, considering I just quit my last job!)

Their natural inclination is toward relationships, especially among people or living things. ENFPs are strongly influenced by the opinions of their friends.

Just to name a few, I share this personality type with Robin Williams, Sandra Bullock, Franz Joseph Haydn, Regis Philbin, and Mark Twain. It was also interesting that today I also found Robin Williams and Sandra Bullock listed under my same Chinese Zodiac sign - the Dragon. Random?

2 remarks:

Katie Marie said...

I wanted to take the test but I think you put up the wrong link

Lilly Anne said...

I want to take the quiz, too!