Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I need coffee to live!

Ah yes, it was 2 summers ago when I first began consuming the delicious dark drink. I had started up an office job, had to wake up around 7am to get ready & drive the 40 minutes in bad traffic to work. There was plenty of coffee provided around the office, so I started to take advantage of it. My first impression of it was that it was very bitter tasting water, especially in comparison to the sugar-loaded french vanilla cappuccinos that me and my sister Katie would get before &/or after church choir practice from the gas station. So to match this sugary idea I would add up to 7 french vanilla creamers to a small styrofoam cup of coffee, (Would you like some coffee in that creamer??), along with probably an equal amount of sugar packets. I eventually would start adding one less creamer every few days & by the time the summer was over I think I was down to just 3 creamers/3 sugar packets per cup! My freshman year of college I would get hot chocolates from the Caribou Coffee on campus, and then moved up to mochas. This school year I was much more adventurous and would try a different drink every time I went to Caribou, and have recently discovered my all-time favorite coffee drink: Caramel Machiatto



I love coffee and encourage people to start drinking it, because I know it is a taste that can be acquired; I now add minimal sugar/creamer to my coffee & delight in the rich flavor and aroma. Not only is coffee an uplifting energy booster that promotes good feelings by smell alone, it provides a great excuse to relax and catch up with friends & family over a cup of brewed goodness.

5 remarks:

Katie Marie said...

EXCELLENT!
I love these how-I-became-a-coffee-addict stories :p

Amy Lauren said...

HAHA i know, i had to do it!

Heidi Rose said...

My first thought when I saw Katie's update in my dashboard: "Wait, I don't remember putting a picture in my post..."
And then to Amy's: "Yes, Amy has given in to the pressure!"

I know, I never knew you liked coffee until you came back from college!

Robert James said...

Caramel Highrise and/or Mochas or Turtle Mochas are my winter essentials. Caramel or Vanilla coolers are a definate must in the summer. Unfortunately the Caribou on campus makes very few of the drinks available at a real Caribou. Also... I am a firm believer that Caribou is far superior to Starbucks :)

Amy Lauren said...

delicious! I still have a lot to try out on the coffee spectrum (prob because of the lack of variety @ 'bou like you said)... but I totally agree, I'd take Caribou over Starbucks any day!