Saturday, September 26, 2009

Why Today was GREAT! :)

Hey everyone! So I know I really need to do better with updating my blog on a more frequent basis... I will try harder, cause as Katie says, blogging is therapeutic. :)

Today I woke up after sleeping for 12 hours, and realized rather quickly that it was not going to be a productive day. (which is a bummer, because I was hoping to do some reading/studying this weekend for an upcoming test, and at least knock-out 2 of 4 chapters I have to read.)

After almost 2 hours of going between my bed and computer, I decided that I should at least drag my corpse to the gym today for a work-out if nothing else. So I went to the gym and was biking & deleting old text messages, when I came across one from my friend Matt, saying he wanted to go to a movie. Well, we never did at the time so I thought hey better late than never!

So instead of making it to the 5:30pm showing of Sturrogates as we had intended, we ended up getting lost (Matt after driving 20 minutes out into the country side: "I don't know where we are anymore...")

We eventually found our way back to St. Cloud and ended up going out to eat at a Chinese Buffet - where we sat, ate, and conversed for over an hour while we waited for the next movie showing! He told me a bunch of crazy stories about things that have happened to him & things he has done, like going to a concert in the Cities dressed up in mismatch thrift-store clothing (imagine old-lady work clothes, plaid 80's overcoat, baseball cap, etc).

So after dinner we went to the movie and it was pretty good! I wouldn't buy it, but I was glad we went. I guess my point is that today I took my own advice and made it a meaningful day! Seriously though, I'm so lucky to have such great friends who I can have random fun & adventures with! :)

Me & Matt in Germany, originally uploaded by krillamy.

1 remarks:

Heidi Rose said...

This is one of the best posts ever! "gOOD dAY" posts are the best.