Friday, July 10, 2009

Live with purpose!

For my Career & Life Planning class that I'm taking online this summer, I was assigned to develop a mission statement. I know it doesn't sound like much fun, but it actually proved to be one of the most beneficial things I have done in a long time. I say this because, even though we probably do know what we value and want out of life, there's a good chance we aren't living according to it from day to day because all our different ideas are scattered. Putting together a mission statement gets right to your heart of hearts and will provide clarity by combining all that is important to you. Ok, I know this sounds pretty cheesy, but I still think everyone should do it, and it's actually pretty simple - I used this mission builder tool and it basically does all the work for you. TRY IT! You can always quit halfway through if you think it's lame, but it doesn't take very long. I will post my results & final mission statement at a later time, I want to give everyone else a chance to do it first!

1 remarks:

crystalcha28 said...

I blogged my mission statement here!

http://burnoutbrightly.blogspot.com/2009/07/live.html

Thanks for sharing - great link!

When will yours be up? =)