Saturday, July 11, 2009

AbstRacT

I've decided that I want to create some abstract art for the purpose of decoration, using household items. I haven't decided what to use yet (t0-go coffee cups/lids/buttons), what to make, or if I should use a variety of random items. I always think it's cool when people do this, like my sister who saved all the picture labels from her Jones Soda, & used them to decorate a container thing, or whoever strung all those bottle caps together to make a home-made wind chime, or on a smaller scale, making necklaces with starburst wrappers. If anyone has any ideas, or wants to make it a team effort, let me know! I think it could be pretty fun to be creative, especially when we are doing nothing else this summer & I AM SO BORED!

Another reason to do this: decorating rooms costs money, and I'm all for saving some cash! I'm still hoping to renovate me & Katie's bedroom before the end of the summer and we'll need to be able to decorate it with things that represent us now, not 10 years ago! And yes I am referring to the middle school awards hanging on the walls, the faceless & faded stuffed "angel" hanging from our window, and the cabbage-patch doll boxes taking up room in our closet...

2 remarks:

Lilly Anne said...

Ahahahahahahahahaha cambage patch dolls!!!!!

I really think we should do some room alternation this summer. I miss the days when Moma would have us scrapbook and do crafts together. We should totally do that :)

Heidi Rose said...

Ha!Awesome! Yes, I was the one who decorated that container and strung the bottle caps together. I would love to help you create something. I'm thinking that pretty ribbon you bought yesterday could be very useful...
We could each make things for our rooms. So many possibilities. We'll talk later today. Right now you're sleeping, and I'm "making breakfast", as was agreed upon, when you fed me dinner last night.