Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I work so hard!

So I can slowly see my end-of-summer job prospect falling through. I went in for TWO interviews at my local Walmart, only to be told that I was being considered for an opening in Cashiers, but would have to wait for HR to call all of my references, do a background check, and wait on a drug test that I will have to get before being offered a position. BAH! But if nothing else, at least it was good interview practice, hah.

So besides that, here is the story of my life as of late:



Working on an assignment for my online class, it will be the 3rd paper I am writing within the last 7(ish) days!! I feel responsible & accomplished! But also exhausted... the only consolation to having to stay in and work on homework on this beautiful sunny summer day is the iced caramel machiatto fueling my efforts, and the company of my sister working in the coffee shop! Mmm coffee...

Also, a shoutout to KT: thank you for letting me use your laptop!!! It's been so convenient for working on these assignments! Portable & runs fast..yay!)

I have noticed lately in many coffee shops that they have put out jars to recycle the coffee cup jackets, which gave me an idea. I will try my best from now on to either recycle these (I get coffee a lot, they would definitely add up!), or even better, carry one around to use with all my drinks...which could ultimately result in my becoming a bag lady... but you know how it goes! haha! Anyway, I would like to challenge all you other coffee fanatics out there to recycle or save your java jackets! It's a good idea, and easy! DO IT! DO IT!!



And lastly, a welcome distraction... anti-homework cat! :)

5 remarks:

Heidi Rose said...

I've been there with recycling.

During the school year, when I was bringing a brown-bag lunch to school regularly, I realized one day all the brown paper bags I was throwing away. All these bags which were perfectly clean; no more could be said but they were used. So, I decided to stop throwing them out. Over time I built up an impressive stack of these bags, and really they just sat there. It was pretty funny.

In the end, I needed to clean out my area for the summer and I managed to find them a nice recycling bin home.

Oh, also, I really like the picture of your makeshift workstation in Ancora.

Robert James said...

I'm going to come right out and say that the Caribou in Cottage Grove started the sleeve recycling! Go ahead and debate me i dare you

Katie Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Renée said...

I like anti-homework cat. XD

crystalcha28 said...

Great idea! I might even suggest it at the local Starbucks I work in. =)

And thanks for dropping by to introduce yourself on my blog... hope to see you back again soon! =)

Cheers,
Crys